You can move your podcast from LibSyn to Omny Studio without losing your existing subscribers. You will need to tell iTunes, other podcast directories and podcast apps to pull from your new RSS feeds.
The first thing to do is to import your existing podcast into your Omny Studio account. You may have already done this when you set up the account, but if not, just open up a playlist and click "Import a Podcast".
Omny Studio generates RSS feeds for every playlist. Find the RSS feed URL in the “Details” tab of your playlist.
Moving from LibSyn
1. Log into LibSyn dashboard
2. Select “Destinations”
3. Click “Edit” for the “Libsyn Classic Feed”
4. Expand “Advanced Options” at the bottom of the page
5. In the “Extra RSS Tags” text box, enter your iTunes redirect tag, which looks like this:
<itunes:new-feed-url>insert Omny Studio RSS feed here</itunes:new-feed-url>
6. Click “Save”
Libsyn will add the entered iTunes redirect tag to your feed for you, and iTunes will pick up on this change within a few days.
Adding a 301 Redirect
Libsyn also allows you do do a 301 redirect. We recommend putting this in place as not all podcast apps recognise the <itunes:new-feed-url> tag. Redirecting the feed in this way as well will ensure you catch all subscribers. To do this:
- Go back to "advanced options" in your Libsyn account settings
- Scroll to “Redirect feed to this web address” and paste the URL (without the <itunes:new-feed-url> tags) of your new Omny feed. Do a quick test by typing in your Libsyn feed address in a browser and hitting Enter to ensure it redirects you automatically to your Omny URL.
Note: Although iTunes will normally pick up on changes within a few days, you should leave the old feed in place for a few weeks to ensure all subscribers are moved across.