Once you've imported your podcast to Omny Studio, you can easily migrate to Omny Studio without losing your existing subscribers. All you need to do is tell iTunes and the other podcast directories and apps to pull from your new RSS feeds. This is done by applying a re-direct from your old feed to your new feed.
If you've uploaded episodes to your old host since your initial import to Omny Studio, please follow this guide to re-sync your feed with Omny before applying a re-direct.
PodOmatic only allow PRO Broadcast members to migrate their accounts, you will need to contact PodOmatic support to set up a 301 redirect to your new Omny Studio RSS
If you are using a free PodOmatic account, follow the steps below to move across with minimum effect on your subscribers (or upgrade to move)
- Submit your new Omny Studio feed to iTunes under a slightly different name (you will be able to change it back once it has been approved).
- Once your submission has been approved, announce to your audience that you are going to move feeds and they will need to resubscribe. Post the Omny RSS feed and iTunes link on your website and social media to make it easy for your subscribers to find.
- Create two versions of your next podcast episode. One of them will be the regular version and the other will have an announcement at the beginning of the show that says, “If you are hearing this, you will not receive the new episode after X date. I am moving the feed and the new feed is available on my website”.
- Upload the “normal” version to your Omny account and the “announcement” version to your old hosting account and publish.
- Upload your next episode to Omny and publish. Upload one more episode to your old host that says, “This feed has moved. To continue listening to this show, please go to <web address here> and resubscribe.”
We suggest leaving your old account open for as long as you can to ensure you catch all your old subscribers.