It is possible to combine content from multiple “shared” playlists from different programs in Omny Studio into an “aggregate” playlist. An example use of this feature would be to combine all of the RSS feeds from one particular radio station into a “best of station” aggregate RSS feed or playlist widget.
You can also add rules so that only clips with specific tags or titles are ingested by the aggregate playlist. Once set up correctly, users could use a specific tag on a clip and the clip would automatically be ingested by the aggregate playlist.
This help doc explores creating a shared playlist, creating an aggregate playlist and creating rules for content sharing.
Creating a shared playlist
Multiple “shared” playlist’s clips can be ingested by an “aggregate” playlists.
a) Navigate to the playlist that you would like to share with the rest of your organisation.
b) Click the “details” tab of that playlist.
c) Scroll down to “advanced settings” and click “Allow other programs to use this playlist’s clips”
N.b. This will technically make this playlist accessible to every program in your organisation.
d) Repeat this step for every playlist that you would like to combine.
2) Creating an aggregate playlist
An “aggregate” playlist can ingest the clips of a “shared” playlist and you can set specific rules relating to the title, tag, description and/or published state as an additional filter.
a) Create a new playlist or select the playlist you would like to turn into an aggregate playlist and click “auto add clips” in the “Clips” section.
b) Select “Automatically add clips” and set your rules.
- If you want all clips from your shared playlists to be ingested by the aggregated playlist select “add all clips”.
- If you’d like to set up rules so that only clips with a particular tag, title, description and/or published state then you can configure that by selecting “add clips that match rules”.
- To start pulling content from the available “shared playlists” select “add clips from other programs”
- If you don’t want to include clips from the program that the aggregate playlist is housed in, click “Exclude this program’s clips that match the rules”
- If you’d only like to include select playlists click “only selected playlists” and select which playlists from the menu.
- Finally, to pull from the existing clips in all of the selected shared playlists available, click “add existing clips that match the rules”
In the screenshot example above - only clips that exist in Drive Show Podcast and The Hot 30 Podcast playlist AND contain the tag “bestof” will be ingested by this aggregated playlist.
c) Click save changes. If you have set rules that will apply to existing clips and the rules are setup correctly, your applicable clips should appear immediately like this:
Please be careful! If you need help setting this up, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org