You can specify your own Google Analytics property Tracking ID to track how people view and interact with the embed player embedded on your websites.
Set up Google Analytics tracking
You need access to a Google Analytics account to use this feature.
It is recommended you create a new Google Analytics property (e.g. "Omny Studio Embeds") to isolate the analytics data from your other properties/websites.
Find your property's Tracking ID from the "tracking info" in property's settings. If you need help, read the Google Analytics help documentation.
Paste the code in Omny Studio's embed settings under either your program settings or organization settings (you can specify a different Google Analytics property for each program or use the same property across all your programs).
What data will be reported
Once configured, the embed player Google Analytics tracker will report pageviews for users loading the embed player with anonymized IPs.
The tracker will also send the following events in the "Omny Studio Audio" event category:
- "Play" - when the audio has started playback
- "Played 25%" - when the audio has passed 25% of total duration
- "Played 50%" - when the audio has passed 50% of total duration
- "Played 75%" - when the audio has passed 75% of total duration
- "Played 100% - when the audio has passed 99% of total duration (this overcomes a limitation with some browsers under-reporting played duration)
The clip title will be set as the event label for each event. (Due to event label length limitations, the program name is not included)