This guide will take you through the steps you need to take to get your first campaign up and running when you first jump into OCM.
Setting The Timezone Of Your Campaign Manager
The very first thing to do once the Campaign Manager is activated for your account, is set it to your timezone. You can do this under settings here:
Creating A Campaign
1) Once your timezone is set, you're ready to start setting up your first campaign! Head to the campaign menu and click "new campaign":
2) Give your campaign a name and a start and end date. Then click "create new advertiser" (circled in red below) to create an advertiser to be attached to this campaign.
If this is a new campaign for an advertiser that has already run then you can simply choose them from the drop-down menu.
3) Add an advertiser name and the currency that they will be paying in.
Once you're happy, click "create advertiser".
4) Review your campaign details and if it all looks OK - click "create campaign".
Creating A Flight Or Multiple Flights Within A Campaign
Omny's Campaign Manager lets you create one or multiple flights within a single campaign.
- Once your campaign is set up, you're ready to start creating a flight (or multiple flights) to run as part of your campaign. Click on the "flights" tab here:
2. You'll then need to fill in the required details on the flight details page. (zoomed in below)
3) First, you'll need to add a flight name and set the start and end dates of this flight (within the constraints of the campaign it lives in)
4) Choose your flight priority.
- ‘Standard’ has an impression goal
- ‘Sponsorship’ has no impression goal
- ‘Sponsorship’ is a higher priority than ‘Standard’ and will be delivered sooner if competing with a standard flight
5) Select your flight pacing.
- ‘Even pacing’ – flight can hit a daily cap and stop delivering
- ‘As fast as possible’ – flight will keep delivering until goal is met OR indefinitely if you have selected 'sponsorship' priority (which has no goal)
- The CPM rate entered here does not have an effect on the pacing or priority.
6) Select which position you would like to target this flight to.
- You can add pre, mid and post-roll markers to episodes by following this guide.
7) Upload your creative and (optionally) add 3rd party tracking URLs (up to 5)
8) Next, you can choose which program or programs in your organization you'd like to target this flight to by clicking 'choose programs' and selecting here:
9) You can also (optionally) choose to target or exclude specific locations for your flight. If no location is chosen then all locations will be targeted.
Once you've completed the above steps, you're all set!
Please allow 15-20 minutes from the campaign and flight creation time for ads to begin being delivered (if your campaign starts immediately).
- For standard priority flights with an impression goal, you can monitor your campaign's progress in the campaign view with the 'On Track Indicator'