Omny Campaign Manager or 'OCM' is Omny Studio’s built-in ad manager. It’s designed to be a simple, yet powerful ad management tool for podcast publishers.
OCM allows you to geographically target advertising or promotional campaigns using dynamic ad insertion (DAI) technology. This means that you can target a listener who has downloaded your podcast episode in Australia with a different ad or message to someone who downloads the same episode in North America.
This 15 minute video takes you through a full overview of everything you need to know to get started with Omny Campaign Manager.
Jump to a specific section of the video on Youtube with the links below:
Creating A Campaign
1) Once your timezone is set, you're ready to start setting up your first campaign! Head to the campaign menu and click "new campaign":
2) Give your campaign a name and a start and end date. Then click "create new advertiser" (circled in red below) to create an advertiser to be attached to this campaign.
If this is a new campaign for an advertiser that has already run then you can simply choose them from the drop-down menu.
3) Add an advertiser name and the currency that they will be paying in.
Once you're happy, click "create advertiser".
4) Review your campaign details and if it all looks OK - click "create campaign".
Creating A Flight Or Multiple Flights Within A Campaign
Omny's Campaign Manager lets you create one or multiple flights within a single campaign.
- Once your campaign is set up, you're ready to start creating a flight (or multiple flights) to run as part of your campaign. Click on the "flights" tab here:
2. You'll then need to fill in the required details on the flight details page. (zoomed in below)
3) First, you'll need to add a flight name and set the start and end dates of this flight (within the constraints of the campaign it lives in)
4) Choose your flight type/priority.
- ‘Standard’ has an impression goal
- ‘Sponsorship’ has no impression goal
- ‘Sponsorship’ is a higher priority than ‘Standard’ and will be delivered sooner if competing with a standard flight
- 'Remnant' has the lowest priority
For each flight type, you can choose a separate priority. This allows you to have three levels of each flight type for more flexibility.
5) Select your flight pacing.
- ‘Even pacing’ – flight can hit a daily cap and stop delivering
- ‘As fast as possible’ – flight will keep delivering until goal is met OR indefinitely if you have selected 'sponsorship' priority (which has no goal)
- The CPM rate entered here does not have an effect on the pacing or priority.
6) Select which position you would like to target this flight to.
- You can add pre, mid and post-roll markers to episodes by following this guide.
7) Upload your creative and (optionally) add 3rd party tracking URLs (up to 5)
8) Next, you can choose which program or programs in your organization you'd like to target this flight to by clicking 'choose programs' and selecting here:
9) You can also (optionally) choose to target or exclude specific locations for your flight. If no location is chosen then all locations will be targeted.
Once you've completed the above steps, you're all set!
Please allow 15-20 minutes from the campaign and flight creation time for ads to begin being delivered (if your campaign starts immediately).
- For standard priority flights with an impression goal, you can monitor your campaign's progress in the campaign view with the 'On Track Indicator'