PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU HAVE AN AD SYSTEM CONNECTED TO YOUR CURRENT HOST THEN PLEASE ENSURE THAT IT'S TURNED OFF BEFORE RUNNING YOUR IMPORT OR IMPORT THE AD-FREE VERSION OF THE RSS FEED IF YOU HAVE ONE.
Sorry for the caps but it's very important or ads will be burnt into your episodes during the import :)
Note: Once you've completed the steps in this help doc to redirect your feed, you can start uploading new episodes to your Omny Studio account to update your feed.
Once you've imported your podcast to Omny Studio, you can easily migrate to Omny Studio without losing your existing subscribers. All you need to do is tell iTunes and the other podcast directories and apps to pull from your new RSS feeds. This is done by applying a re-direct from your old feed to your new feed.
Moving from Captivate
1. Log into your Captivate account.
2. Click on 'Edit Show Settings' on the top menu bar. Note: if you have multiple shows, click on the My Shows tab at the top right of your screen.
3. Click 'Cancel Show' on the left side, under the show cover art.
4. You will then have three options to choose from.
Canceling your show(s)
Choose from one of the following options, based on the one that's relevant to you.
- I never got my podcast started
- I'm going to stop my podcast
- I'm moving my podcast elsewhere
If you choose "I'm going to stop my podcast", we'll ask you if you want your show to remain live on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, etc. Depending on your answer, you'll have a couple of choices to choose from.
- If you answer Yes, we'll ask if you might want to start publishing again. If you answer yes to that question, we'll advise your show needs to remain live. If you answer no to that question, we'll advise you that your RSS feed will be updated to close your show, and you'll need to contact Apple to reactivate it.
- If you answer No, we'll advise that your website, podcast media player, and RSS feed will be deleted immediately, and that you need to make a backup of your files if you wish to use them later. Your podcast will also be removed from the various podcast platforms.
If you are moving to another host part of this process will include setting up a 301 re-direct to your new podcast host. You can find your Omny RSS feed by following these steps.
Simply enter the details of your new host and the RSS feed for your show with them, and Captivate will take care of the rest.