Omny Studio generates two kinds of players for your audio: single clip embed and playlist embeds.
To find the HTML code for these players, click on the clip or playlist you want to share and go to "Details". Select the "Embed" tab and choose which embed you'd like to use.
Omny Studio has various embed size and style options:
- Wide artwork player: the player adapts the width to the container, is 180px tall, displays the artwork on the side, and adapts the background color with a blurred artwork
- Wide colored player: the player adapts the width to the container, is 180px tall, displays the artwork on the side, and has a solid background color
- Large player: the player is set at a fixed size, and displays the artwork in full as the background. It is available at various preset sizes (400x400, 300x300, 560x315)
- Transcript player: the player adapts to the width of the container, is 600px tall, shows the published transcript with interactive highlighting and click word to seek
Note: the embed iframe HTML can be manually adjusted for other size options, but some sizes may not be appropriate for the style option.
Embeds can be customized individually or options can be set as defaults for an entire program in "program settings".
- Show artwork: show or hide the clip's artwork
- Show share: show or hide the share button and functionality
- Show download: show or hide the "Download MP3" button in the share screen
- Show description: show or hide the "Info" button and the clip's description
- Show podcast subscribe: show or hide the "Subscribe" button
- Custom colors: override the embed's highlight colors (shown on the play button and waveform played section), background color (only applicable to the wide style) and text color (only applicable to the wide style).
Advanced embed functionality
Embeds can also be manually tweaked to enable further functionality.
- Play from: add
?t=5sto the end of the iframe URL to start the player at a specified time. The time format is
##m##sfor minutes and seconds.
- Autoplay: add
?autoplay=1to the end of the iframe URL to enable autoplay on load. (Note: autoplay will not work on modern desktop and mobile browsers due to media restrictions)
- Select clip in playlist embed: you can manually pre-select a clip in a playlist embed by adding
?selectedClip=[Clip GUID]to the end of the the iframe URL.
- Hide playlist in playlist embed: you can manually hide the playlist list in a playlist embed to simulate an automatically updating embed by adding
?list=0to the end of the iframe URL. You also will need to change the height to '180' in the iframe code.
- Combine multiple functions: Separate functions with & - for example
- Lock embed to a specific language: by default, Omny Studio's embed players will translate to the user's browser language (where supported). If you'd like to 'lock' an embed to a specific language, you can add ?lang=en (for English) or ?lang=fr for French etc.