To prevent your show appearing in podcast directories like Apple Podcasts and Google Podcasts, please follow the below steps to place a block request on your RSS feed.
NOTE: You can only block at the playlist level, so if your show has multiple playlists you'll need to repeat these steps for each.
- Go to Playlist > Details.
- Under Advanced Settings, you'll find the following two options:
- Tick the box or boxes for where you'd like to block your podcast, and hit Save changes.
- iTunes blocks are respected by not just Apple Podcasts, but also other major directories (including Google Podcasts). So applying an iTunes block will remove the podcast from most podcast apps and Google Podcasts.
- If you want your show available in podcasts apps other than Google Podcasts, you can add just the Google Play block.
Please allow 24 hours for this to take effect across all podcast apps and directories.
Why block your feed?
To remove an existing listing from podcast apps or create a private feed. You could also consider using the ad-free playlist when creating a private feed as those feeds have 'block:itunes' selected by default.