For a checklist and visual migration guide - click here (link to PDF).
NOTE: IF YOU HAVE AN AD SYSTEM ACTIVE, PLEASE ENSURE THAT IT'S TURNED OFF BEFORE RUNNING YOUR IMPORT - OR IMPORT THE AD-FREE VERSION OF THE RSS FEED.
Note: Whenever you are redirecting/importing an RSS feed, your historical analytics will not be available in the new program. Please download your historical analytics to CSV to maintain an archive.
Note: If you have an RSS pagesize limit in place but your podcast feed has a greater number of episodes, please reach out to Support.
If you need to convert a playlist into its own program within your organisation then you can follow these steps.
Most commonly, this needs to be done when an organization has been set-up incorrectly with one program and a playlist for every show at a radio station for example. This help doc explains the correct use of playlists.
Head to the playlist details page and copy the RSS feed of the playlist you want to turn into a program. Find the RSS feed by clicking on Playlists > Details > Copy to clipboard.
2. Head to the import page at Organization settings - import and paste the RSS feed.
3. Click 'import podcasts' and a new program will be created!
4. (if applicable) If you currently use Triton Digital's Podcast Metrics (PCM) platform, link your shows to Podcast Metrics/Ranker (check out the dedicated section on page 2 of the migration guide).
5. (if applicable) If you have any embed players published from the original program/playlist then you will need to update them with the newly created embed URLs.
6. Head to the newly created program and copy the newly created RSS feed under the playlist details.
7. The final step is to re-direct the original playlist to the newly created playlist within the new program. You can do this by pasting the newly created RSS feed into the 'moving away' box under the original playlist details - advanced settings - moving away from Omny Studio.
8. Click save and you're done!
Please note that Spotify behaves differently to most other podcast apps and will not start downloading from your new RSS feed for old episodes until the original episodes are unavailable.
This means that you will continue to see downloads of old episodes in the account you've migrated from until you delete the original episodes.
Please don't delete your old program/account until the redirect has been in place for at least a week to ensure all subscribers on other apps are moved across.
Please contact support if you need clarification.